Stoke
Nub News Logo
Nub News

Stoke-on-Trent man, 42, jailed after strangling woman

Local News by The Editor 19th Aug 2026  
David Vincent Hammonds was sentenced to two-years-and-three-months at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court (image via Staffordshire Police)
David Vincent Hammonds was sentenced to two-years-and-three-months at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court (image via Staffordshire Police)
advertisement

A man has been jailed for over two years after he strangled a woman in Stoke-on-Trent.

David Vincent Hammonds, 42, of Northwood, was sentenced to two-years-and-three-months at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court on Monday (17 August) after he admitted intentional strangulation.

It comes after Hammonds went to the victim's house in Bucknall on 30 December last year.

Staffordshire Police said an argument took place before Hammonds got on top of her and strangled her.

A spokesperson for Staffordshire Police said: "Thankfully the victim managed to stop the assault before she lost consciousness."

The police force said officers attended the scene "a short time later" and Hammonds was arrested.

Detective Constable Aleshia Mellor, of CID north, led the investigation.

She said: "Hammonds subjected the victim to a spontaneous and violent attack and has rightfully been brought before the courts for his actions.

advertisement

"Officers have worked hard to gather the evidence needed in this case to ensure that Hammonds was left with little choice but to admit his offences."

     

CHECK OUT OUR FREE NEWSLETTER!
5 TOP STORIES EVERY FRIDAY!
Click here to sign up: stoke newsletter

     

Local news is in crisis.

Newspapers around the country are closing at an alarming rate.

Nub News is changing that.
Please consider supporting us.
Your contribution will be a GAME-CHANGER.
Monthly supporters will enjoy:
Ad-free experience
advertisement

Share:


advertisement

Sign-up for our FREE newsletter...

We want to provide stoke with more and more clickbait-free news.

     

...or become a Supporter.
Stoke-on-Trent. Your City. Your News.

Local news is essential for our community — but it needs your support.
Your donation makes a real difference.
For monthly donators:
Ad-free experience