Teenager arrested after police respond to reported stabbing in Stoke-on-Trent
By The Editor 19th Aug 2026
Police officers responded to a reported stabbing in Stoke-on-Trent yesterday (Tuesday 18 August).
Staffordshire Police was called to Upper Market Square in Hanley at 5.50pm yesterday following a report that a suspected teenage boy had been stabbed following a fight involving a group of young people.
The police force said that a 17-year-old boy from Stafford, was assessed at the scene by paramedics before being taken to hospital.
He has since been arrested on suspicion of possession of a bladed article in a public place and affray.
A section 34 dispersal order has been put in place in Hanley town centre, which will be in place until 6.11pm today (Wednesday 19 August).
The dispersal order gives officers additional powers to disperse anyone for the purpose of reducing the likelihood of members of the public being harassed, alarmed, distressed or the occurrence of crime and disorder.
A spokesperson for Staffordshire Police said: "Officers are in the area and are actively working to carry out any relevant dispersals and speak to those who may be able to help with the investigation.
"Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or those with any CCTV, dashcam or doorbell footage of the area is asked to get in touch with us. Call 101 or use Live Chat on our website, quoting incident 703 of 18 August.
"To report anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."
CHECK OUT OUR FREE NEWSLETTER!
5 TOP STORIES EVERY FRIDAY!
Click here to sign up: stoke newsletter
Share: